There is usually one meeting during the school year for each year group. This is an opportunity for a short discussion between parents and all the staff who teach the children about their progress and any problems which may have arisen. Pupils and students from Year 1 to Year 13 are expected to attend and participate in the Parents’ Evening.
At the beginning of the Autumn Term, parents of Years 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 will have an opportunity to meet the Form Tutor by appointment. There may not be a great deal to report about academic progress, which will be discussed at the meeting with staff later in the year, but tutors will wish to ask parents whether their child has settled into the school.
Our Parents’ Evening for 2016/17 take place in the Williamson Hall as follows:
- Year 9 Tuesday 10th January 2017 – 5.00pm – 8.00pm
- Year 7 Thursday 19th January 2017 – 5.00pm – 8.00pm
- Year 12/13 Tuesday 31st January 2017 – 5.00pm – 8.00pm
- Year 11 Thursday 2nd February 2017 – 5.00pm – 8.00pm
- Year 10 Tuesday 21st February 2017 – 5.00pm – 8.00pm
- Year 8 Thursday 2nd March 2017 – 5.00pm – 8.00pm
- Pre-Prep to Year 6 Monday 20th March 2017 – 4.00pm – 6.00pm
We would stress, however, that formal exchange between parents and teachers through reports or at Parents’ Evenings is only one element in the pattern of communication. All parents are urged to contact the Form Tutor, Head of Key Stage, Deputy Head or Headmaster should problems or difficulties arise, and staff are available for discussion at any time of the year.